All new services, upgrades and changes require an electrical permit prior to construction.

Permits for city jurisdiction may be acquired at the Billings City Building Department located on the 4th floor of the Miller Building, located at 2825 3rd Ave. North.

For state jurisdiction, permit applications are available at the YVEC office or on the State of Montana website:  State electrical permit applications must be mailed to Helena and usually they will be issued in three to five working days.  If work is being done by a licensed electrician, the electrician will normally apply for the electrical permit.