Skip to content
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce or canola oil
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve a couple tablespoons for the top of the bread if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease two 8 by 4 in loaf pans and line with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce or oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix until moist and combined.
- Add in chocolate chips, reserving a small amount of mini chocolate chips for topping if desired. (25637000)
- Pour half of the batter into each of the prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.