- 12 ounces fresh cranberries rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions or scallions minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper with seeds and ribs removed minced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (orange or lime is also an option)
- 1/ 8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the green onions, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Pulse a few more times to combine. Don't pulse for too long. It can make the cranberry mixture watery.
- Add sugar, cumin, lemon juice, and salt, and lightly pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer the cranberry mixture to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours for full flavor.
- To serve, spread the softened cream cheese (you can also lightly whip the cream cheese) on to a pie plate or shallow serving dish and spread the cranberry mixture evenly over the top. Or you can also put the block(s) on a plate and spoon the mixture on top.
- Serve with a variety of crackers, small baguettes, and veggies.
Note: You can also serve this as a salsa without using the cream cheese.
Send us your favorite recipe! It could be featured in an upcoming issue. If it is featured, you will receive a $25 bill credit. Please send all recipe submissions directly to the Yellowstone Valley Electric Cooperative office.