Posted: Monday, May 3, 2021, 12:00 am
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor (vanilla, chocolate, or red velvet)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional, depending on flavor)
- 1 cup any add-ins (flavored chips, candy, nuts, etc) amounts can be varied.
- Chocolate chips: use your preference of white, semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together butter and cream cheese. Add egg and vanilla, mix until well blended. (Use a mixer for this part only)
- Stir in cake mix a little at a time until it's all blended and then add any chips, candy, or nuts.
- Spoon dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are brown.
Send us your favorite recipe! It could be featured in an upcoming issue. If it is featured, you will receive a $25 bill credit. Please send all recipe submissions directly to the YVEC office.