- 1-pound ground beef, turkey burger or chicken
- 1-2 cups of corn
- 1/2-1 cup onion (optional)
- 2 cups salsa or tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cans green chilies if not accompanied with tomatoes
- 15 oz can of black beans and kidney beans (you can add a variety of beans if desired)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ranch seasoning (optional)
- 2-3 cups beef broth
- Cook ground beef, turkey burger or chicken. Drain fat and place in a slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 4-5 hours to on high for 2-3 hours. Serve warm topped with your favorite toppings.
Sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, jalapenos or cilantro. For a little spice add a dash or two of hot sauce. Corn chips or corn bread are a delicious side.
Members: Please send us your favorite recipe! It could be featured in an upcoming edition of Rural Montana. If your recipe is featured, you will receive a $25.00 bill credit.