- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) package kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 to 2 (16-ounce) can baked beans, with liquid
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney or white beans-drain
- 1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chilies, with liquid
- 3 (15-ounce) can sweet corn, with liquid
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy in a large skillet. Place on a paper towel to drain excess grease.
- Brown the sausage on both sides, adjusting heat as needed so it does not burn; set aside.
- Add beef, onion, and garlic to the skillet and brown until the beef is no longer pink. Sprinkle flour, salt, pepper, and chili powder over beef. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, baked beans, green chilies, sweet corn, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and water. Bring to a boil then immediately reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add additional water or beef broth if stew is too thick. Stir well.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or add cheese for extra flavor and fun.
Serve with biscuits, favorite bread, or on top of mashed potatoes.
Send us your favorite recipe! It could be featured in an upcoming issue. If it is featured, you will receive a $25 bill credit. Please send all recipe submissions directly to the Yellowstone Valley Electric Cooperative office.