Skip to content
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces corn drained
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed well
- 1 Cup yellow onion
- 3/4 Cup green bell pepper
- 3/4 Cup red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 3 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- chives, green onions or jalapeños
- tortilla strips or chips
- sour cream
- In a 6 to 8-quart slow cooker add chicken, vegetables, spices and chicken broth. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove chicken and chop or shred. Set aside.
- Add 8 ounces of cheddar or a blend of Mexican cheese, to the warm soup. Stir to melt and combine.
- Whisk together flour and heavy cream until smooth and combined well. Stir into soup. Add chopped or shredded chicken to soup. Cover and cook for an additional 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings.