This will have everyone raving at your next party! People love the fresh combination of the sweet fruit and spicy zing.
- 1 whole fresh pineapple peeled, or 2 to 3 cups canned
- 1-pound strawberries
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Remove the peel and core from the pineapple. Dice into small, 1/4-inch pieces. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Dice the strawberries into small, 1/4-inch pieces and add to the large mixing bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch pieces and toss in with the pineapple and strawberries.
- Add onion and jalapeno to bowl along with cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir until mixed well.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. This will keep for approximately 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve in the empty pineapple halves or colorful dish if desired.
Note: Serve with cinnamon chips, pita chips, or salted tortilla chips.
Send us your favorite recipe! It could be featured in an upcoming issue. If it is featured, you will receive a $25 bill credit. Please send all recipe submissions directly to the YVEC office.