Skip to content
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or meat of choice
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- ½ to 1 cup white cabbage if desired (65120000)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Salt & pepper to desired taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 - 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 to 2 cups Colby Monterey Jack cheese
- Ground meat, peppers, onion, cabbage, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until beef is no longer pink, and vegetables are tender.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add in your beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar, stir to combine then bring to a boil.
- Add rice. Combine, stir, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until rice is tender and juices are mostly soaked up.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Serve with chopped parsley if desired.