Skip to content
- 1 pound ground beef or pork sausage
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 - 15 ounce cans baked beans or pork and beans (1/2 drained)
- 1 to 2 cans of kidney beans drained
- ½ to 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Brown the ground meat, drain excess grease and set aside.
- Cook the bacon until crispy in the oven or in a skillet. Let cool then crumble or chop into small pieces. You can use pre-cooked bacon to save time.
- In a large mixing bowl or in the slow cooker, combine the beans, cooked meat, bacon, onions, sugar, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, and vinegar.
- Bake at 325°F in oven for 2 to 3 hours, or in a slow cooker on high for 1 hour stirring occasionally or low for 2 to 3 hours.