Posted: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:00 am
- 6 oz lemon yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil (I always substitute at least 1/2 of this amount with applesauce, sometimes all of it. If you replace all the oil with applesauce, it will make them denser and a little chewy but they are still delicious)
- 2 cups flour (choose the flour you like to bake with)
- 2 teaspoons (tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, eggs, sugar, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Add in raspberries and fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- To make streusel, use a pastry blender or a fork to mash ingredients for several minutes, until butter is well incorporated and the consistency is like small crumbles.
- Sprinkle topping over batter and bake muffins at 400° for 18 to 22 minutes.
(This recipe makes about 18 regular sized muffins.)
Send us your favorite recipe! It could be featured in an upcoming issue. If it is featured, you will receive a $25.00 bill credit. Please send all recipe submissions directly to the YVEC office.